The Federal Reserve calls Remote Deposit Capture (RDC), “the most important development the banking industry has seen in years.” In simplest terms, Remote Deposit Capture is a service which allows a user to scan checks and transmit the scanned images and/or ACH-data to a bank for posting and clearing.
The basic requirements for an RDC service currently include a PC, an internet connection, a check scanner and a service provider such as NorthStar Bank. Checks you receive at your business location can be scanned to create a digital deposit, which is then transmitted (using 128K bit encryption) to NorthStar Bank, where we post the deposit to your account and assign availability based upon availability schedule.
The benefits of this service, which we call NorthStar Remote, include:
- Improved deposit availability
- Accelerated clearings
- Reduced return item risk
- Reduced photo coping cost
- Flexibility to bank from anywhere
- Reduced transportation cost & risk
Remote Deposit Anywhere
Remote Deposit Anywhere (RDA) is a simple and secure way to deposit checks to your account by using your desktop scanner. The benefits of this service include:
- Bank anywhere
- Streamlined deposit process
- Reduced transportation cost
- Improved deposit availability
What is Remote Deposit Anywhere?
Remote Deposit Anywhere, in simple terms, is a service that allows users to scan checks using a flatbed scanner and a personal computer. To make scanner-based deposits, users need a TWAIN or WIA driver-compatible flatbed scanner and personal computer with the required settings.
PC Required Settings:
For Microsoft® or Windows®
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7® or Higher
- Firefox® 3.6x or higher
- Windows XP, Vista® (except Starter or Home Basic or Windows 7)
- High Speed Internet Connection
- OSX® Version 10.6x (Snow Leopard)
- Safari® Version 5
- High Speed Internet Connection
Enrollment in NorthStar Bank Online Banking
Individuals must be at least 18 years or older
Business entities must be in good standing in the state of incorporation
Subject to credit approval
Contact your relationship manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll in RDA today.
The new NorthStar Mobile Banking App
Our integrated mobile banking solution is a free, simple personal banking service that allows you to view account balances and transactions, pay bills, make deposits, view alerts, and transfer funds.
- Download the app for FREE
- Pay bills directly from your smartphone after enrolling in online bill pay
- Transfer funds between NorthStar Bank accounts
- It’s just as safe and secure as online banking
How to get started:
You must be a current NorthStar Online Banking client.
If not, email email@example.com
Download the NorthStar Mobile App
You will need to download the FREE NorthStar Mobile App from your smartphone
Log in to the App
Once download is complete, use your online banking ID and password to log in and then agree to the terms and conditions.
You must have one of the following Certified Mobile Devices:
- Apple iPhone or iPad (second generation or higher)
- Android phone
Qualifying Conditions in NorthStar Online Banking:
- If an Individual, you must be at least 18 years or older
- Business entities must be in good standing in the State of incorporation.
- Subject to credit approval
Additional Services with Mobile Banking:
- Enroll in Remote Deposit Anywhere to be able to take a picture of your check and deposit it directly into your account anywhere, anytime. To enroll, contact your relationship manager today or email firstname.lastname@example.org (please allow up to 24-48 hours and see qualifying conditions above).
- Enroll in Online Bill Pay to have the ability to pay bills on-the-go. Note: You must set-up Payees and Accounts in Online Banking (via any web browser) before you can pay anyone via smartphone.
Mobile Deposit Tips:
- Please endorse the back of your check properly. Sign the check and write “For Deposit Only”. Improper endorsement may cause your check to be rejected.
- Use good lighting and a dark background. Be sure to fit the check entirely inside the frame within app.
NorthStar Bank has partnered with Elavon to deliver the industry’s leading merchant processing solutions. By combining our banking expertise with Elavon’s premier payment processing network, your business can enjoy a one-stop solution for all of your banking and payment processing needs.
Choosing the right payments partner can be critical to your bottom line, and Elavon clearly delivers the most powerful platform in the industry.
With NorthStar’s Merchant Services clients enjoy:
- High speed transaction processing
- Built in fraud monitoring and control features
Tired of mailing personal checks? Pay your bills with our FREE online service. NorthStar Bank’s Business Bill Pay gives you the flexibility to:
- Schedule a one-time payment
- Set-up recurring payments
- Schedule future payments
- Manage pending payments
- Review your payment history
- Receive electronic versions of your bills (ebills)
Simplify the way you send and receive payments by replacing paper payments with the processing of electronic transactions. Increase efficiency and cash flow while saving time with B2B or B2C funds going to or from different locations. With ACH you can give your employees the option of direct deposit or pay your vendors in a timely manner.
NorthStar Bank offers an efficient, safe and cost effective method for you to receive, deposit and post payment receipts for low to high volume remittance accounts. Transactions ranging from check-only (typical business-to-business payments) and full page documents (letters, bills - invoices) to fully encoded payment coupons (such as loan payments, rental stubs and utility bills) are now automated, eliminating manual "hand key" data entry or photocopying of checks. The captured data and images are then available online for reporting, research, and accounts receivable data file upload.
Can Payment Processing Services Work For You?
- Do you send out 25 - 20,000 invoices per month?
- Do you like the idea of having faster credit of deposits to Accounts Receivable?
- Do you want to be able to view your posted transactions via secure Website?
- Does reducing the processing of your receivables from hours to minutes appeal to you?
If one or more of the above applies to you, contact a NorthStar relationship banker to discuss how Automated Payment Processing can improve your business’ bottom line.
We can effortlessly transfer funds for you to anywhere in the world. Once you fill out the wire instructions, we transfer the funds from you or your institution’s account and they are automatically credited to another. Wire Transfers are an exceptionally secure and simple way to move funds.
Contact your Relationship Manager or one of our Customer Service Specialists today for more detailed information.